The Secretariat of the Pacific Community, Energy Programme through the ICI project is currently finalising each Module of the Training toolkit. The toolkit is more of a partcipatory approach that will assist community practitioners [ Community Based Organisations, NGOs, Faith Based Organisations, Community leaders, women's leaders] to ensure their project/intiatives are gender sensitive. There are 5 Modules in the Training toolkit and have case studies ( practical examples) from the region. Modules are as follows:
1) Understanding Gender in a community based setting;
2) What is Gender Mainstreaming;
3) Applying Gender concepts to Energy Projects
4) Applying Gender sensitive approaches to Climate Change Adaptation projects
5) Practical Gender Tools for intergrating gender in energy ( mitigation) and climate change adaptation.
Keep posted -A soft copy of the toolkit should be made available soon on GLP.